Microsoft has released the first service pack for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The new service pack is available to everyone. The simplest and easiest way to install SP1,is the Windows Update,which only installs the new updates that were previously not downloaded. Single installable update is also available for users without internet connection, but it is much larger when compared to windows update service
Service pack 1 includes the following new features and improvements
- Higher-definition connections with Remote Desktop
- More Windows Live ID support
- An HDMI patch for improved reliability
- An XML Paper Specification fix
- Printing using the XPS Viewer
- "Restore previous folders at logon” functionality in Windows Explorer after restarting
- Support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
- Enhanced support for additional identities in RRAS and IPsec
- Improved Support for Advanced Format (512e) Storage Devices
If you installed any of the pre-release versions of SP1, uninstall them before installing the final release version of SP1.
For more information please check
- Windows 7 SP 1-- Microsoft Download Center
- Information about Service Pack 1
- System Readiness Tool can help fix problems that might prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing.