Do you want to enter text in Malayalam/ Tamil? Google has launched its transliteration IME , which enables users to write in 14 languages.It allows people using an English language keyboard to type in the local language.Users can type a word the way it sounds using Latin characters and Google Transliteration IME will convert the word to its native script.
Google IME operates as a small bar that by default will be placed at the bottom right corner of your desktop ,which can also be moved around. It has four icons with leftmost being the application icon. Next to it are IME language indicator button, keyboard button and menu button in that order
You can customize many features through IME's menu.
- Select the font and size to be used to display the choices in IME language inside edit window (Suggestion Font).
- Select the font and size to be used to display the English/Roman characters inside edit window.
- Set the page size for edit window to restrict its size through number of choices.
- Enable or disable the persistence of user cache.
- Information about the IME like version.
- Help, linking to this page
Once Google keyboard enabled , you can open any Windows application like notepad. Then start typing a word just the way it sounds in your language by using English letters.You can use the onscreen virtual keyboard to type complex words.
OS:Windows 7/Vista/XP| Languages available:Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.