There's a good chance that you have more than one copy of many files on your hard drive. Coping up with unnecessary, duplicate files on your system can prove to be cumbersome. Duplicate files occupy a lot of space on the hard drive . DoubleKiller is a free tool that makes it easy to eliminate such files without much of a hassle.
The program doesn't just look at filenames; it compares the filename, size and does a quick scan of the files to find the real duplicates. And once you've found them, you can either delete the files or move them to another location, freeing up the space with a couple of mouse clicks.
Certain file extensions can be explicitly eliminated from the search. These include important system file formats like "*.dll" and "*. sys". Click the check box beside each of the file extension that you want to exclude.To add more file extensions that you would want to shield from the search, type in the name of the extension in the prescribed format
(with the escape characters) and click the " + " button.
- Scans directories, complete drives or computers in your Network Neighborhood for duplicate files
- Freely combinable comparison criteria (file name, size, date and content)
- You can exclude files based on their name, file type, attributes or size
- Presents a list of all identical files so you can decide which ones to remove
- Deletes the files you chose or moves them to another directory
- Allows to export the result list to a text file
DoubleKiller is a stand-alone executable that does not need to be installed, just extracted and run, and does not alter the system in any way without the user's prior permission.The files from a duplicate set will appear in a different shading. This will help you eliminate them without mixing them up with the main files.The various tools in the left pane buttons are explained below and help in the elimination of duplicates.
Even though this program will find hundreds of duplicates, it doesn't mean that you should delete all of them: some are useful So, you have to be careful, only remove the duplicates you are sure that you don't need.