Windows Vista Ultimate has an amazing graphical interface like you’ve never seen before. An arrow appears on every shortcut that is placed on the desktop or anywhere on the computer.This can be annoying and you may want to remove them. All you need to do
is edit the registry. Follow the steps listed below to do so:
- Click ‘Start’ and type ‘regedit’
- Expand on folder named the‘HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT’.
- Click the ‘Inkfile’ folder.
- Type ‘AriochIsShortcut’ instead of ‘IsShortcut’
- Once done close regedit and reboot.
- The arrows no longer appear on the shortcut icons.
- To reverse the process, replace ‘IsShortcut’ with ‘AriochIsShortcut’ and reboot the system.