Facebook profiles often contain personal information about members including their preferences, lifestyle and also contact information.By default, Facebook makes this information readily available on various search engines including Google. All you have to do is to search for the person's name (as it is entered in his/her Facebook profile).
However, if you don't want any search engine to show your Facebook profile,then just follow these simple steps to disable this.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click 'Settings' on the top bar.
- Under the 'Settings' tab click the 'Manage' label that corresponds to the 'Privacy' section.
- In the next page click 'Search'.
- Uncheck the 'Create a public search listing for me and submit it for search engine indexing' checkbox.
- Once done, click the 'Save changes' button to save the settings.
- You can test visibility of your account by running a search for your profile name in Google.