In today's information-intensive workplace, finding just the right file when you need it can be challenging.Compared to Vista, Windows 7’s search function will be a lot quicker and more useful, with the results organized better. But did you know that the new search tool is also available for XP and Vista?
Windows Search 4.0 lets you perform an instant search of your computer. Windows Search 4.0 helps you find and preview documents, e-mail messages, music files, photos, and other items on the computer.
Once it is installed, you will see a new search field in the task bar. Type a specific file name or something like “*.jpeg” in this. You can even choose whether Windows will search only your computer or even on the Internet for the term.Windows Search indexes your computer files to create a quick reference. To find a file, you enter a search term in the toolbar field and press enter. A window opens with the search results that you can scroll through or limit to certain types of files. It is just that fast and easy.
- Support for indexing encrypted documents of local file systems
- Reduced effect on Microsoft Exchange when you index e-mail in online mode, and there is no local cache (.ost)
- Support for indexing online delegate mailboxes
- Support for client-to-client remote query to shared indexed locations
- Improved indexing performance
- Faster previewer updates for Windows XP
- Per-user Group Policy settings
- Windows software updates for Watson errors