Since USB flash drives have a space constrain, data deletion and replacement is unavoidable. But, what if you accidentally delete crucial data on it?It is possible to recover data from all types of media such as hard drives, flash drives, and optical media etc. Of course, recovery also depends on how critical the damage is. If it’s simply a ‘shift-delete’ scenario,then there can be 100 percent recovery.But again, this is only possible if the data hasn’t been overwritten.
Here are some freewares & paid softwares which are effective in data recovery.
Undelete Plus is a quick and effective way to retrieve accidentally deleted files, files removed from the Recycle Bin, in a DOS window, from a network drive, from Windows Explorer with the SHIFT key held down. Undelete Plus works under Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 operating systems. It supports all Windows file systems for hard and floppy drives including FAT12/16/32,NTFS/NTFS5 and image recovery from CompactFlash, SmartMedia, MultiMedia and Secure Digital cards. The application’s interface is quite efficient and user-friendly.
When you run, it scans your system for files that have been deleted, lists them all by file type, or by folder location, or by drive location. For each file, it gives the file name and path, size, date it was created and last modified, and the chances that you can recover it.
DiskInternals Uneraser can recover any deleted file, including documents, photos, mp3 and zip files, or even folders and damaged disks. In addition to HDD, the program supports any type of storage media (music sticks, cameras, flash drives, USB drives, etc) It works with encrypted files and helps you undelete file lost because of a virus attack.
Storage Media Supported
Data Doctor Recovery
Here’s another series of recovery tools that’ll help you retrieve data even from formatted flash media and drives. Sim card data recovery software , Digital camera data recovery software , Pen drive data recovery software ,Memory card data recovery software Memory stick data recovery software ,iPod data recovery software etc are some of them.However, here the case is same as DiskInternals—you can only preview the recoverable data unless you pay for the software
- Pen Drive Data Recovery Software is a prominent tool to retrieve all your lost data from corrupted or logically damaged memory sticks data storage media. Restores and retrieves lost, missing, deleted music files, pictures, videos, digital photos, images and text files from inaccessible USB Pen drive removable medias.
- Efficiently retrieves data saved in all major file formats including video files (avi, mp4, mpeg, m4v, asf), audio files (wav, ram, aac, wma, mpa), image files (jpg, tiff, gif, bmp, png), text files (doc, txt, dbt, wpd, wps) etc.
- Support all major pendrive brands like Kingston, Sony, Sandisk, IBM, iBall, Super Flash, Super Talent, Lexar, Memorex, PQI, Simpletech, Imation, Verbatim and many more.
- Restore corrupted files and folders damaged due to Human error, Virus corrupted files, Power failure, Accidently formatted pen drives, Logical fault etc.
- Recovers Data even if “drive not formatted” and other system generated error messages are displayed on system monitor while working with pen drives.
Handy recovery is another file recovery utility that comes with a simple wizard to help users restore deleted files. It supports the FAT 12/16/32, NTFS/NTFS 5 + EFS, HFS/HFS+ file systems. It even allows users to create an image of a partition for deferred
recovery as well as set filters for better search results.
The program supports data recovery from memory cards manufactured by SanDisk, Kingston, Transcend, Verbatim, Sony, Integral, Panasonic, Toshiba, Olympus, just to name a few, including but not limited to CompactFlash, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Pro Duo, SD Card, mini-SD, micro-SD, MultiMediaCard MMC, SmartMedia, xD Picture Card.
Here, all you have to do is, select the drive for data recovery and click on ‘Search deleted files’. Once the files are listed,click on ‘Restore by Copying’. A formatted flash drive will not be a good candidate for recovering data using this application.
The advantage of using Restoration is that it is very simple to use and is pretty light on your system. It supports the FAT and NTFS file systems. Data can also be recovered from SD cards and flash drives.
A disadvantage of the application is that it does not allow the user to set filters or search criteria. Also you cannot scan two or more drives at a time and the search results are not segregated according to the file types
DiskDigger can recover files from any type of media that your computer can read. This includes USB flash drives, memory cards (SD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick, etc), and of course your hard drive. The types of files that it recovers include photos, videos, music, documents, and many other formats
It supports all major branded USB drives like Transcend, Sony, Kingmax, Kingston, Jet flash, Super Media, Super Flash, Apacer, AVB etc. Even the files/folders with long names can be recovered easily