Many people find it annoying to have the address bar above the menu bar,especially those who have been using older versions of Internet Explorer that had the menu bar above all the other toolbars. There's a simple registry tweak that can move the address bar below the menu bar. To do so, follow the steps as mentioned below.
- First, if Internet Explorer 8 is running, close it.
- Click 'Start | Run'.
- Enter 'regedit' in the textbox and click 'OK'.
- Navigate to the following folder in the left pane, 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER| Software | Microsoft | InternetExplorer | Toolbar | WebBrowser'.
- In the right pane look for the entry 'ITBar7Position' and double-click it.
- Enter the 'Value data' as '1' in the 'Value data' box. The default value will be '0'.