Why many people avoiding the upgradation to a new operating system because the thought of moving all their settings and files is too difficult or seems like too much work.Here is small tool from Microsoft , which makes it easy for even inexperienced users to upgrade to a newer operating system with the Windows Easy Transfer tool.It includes a new file explorer so you can easily choose exactly which files to copy to your new PC. Windows Easy Transfer provides a number of ways for you to connect two computers to transfer your data.
- Easy Transfer Cable This is a special USB cable that is designed to work with Windows Vista and Windows Easy Transfer. This is the easiest and fastest method and is recommended if you don't have a network. This solution is supported on Windows XP-based and Windows Vista-based computers.
- Home or small business network If you already have a wired or wireless network, this is a great way to transfer all of your data.
- Removable hard disk If you own a removable hard disk, Windows Easy Transfer can copy your data to that disk and then copy data from that disk to your new computer.
- CD and DVD Windows Easy Transfer can use a computer's CD or DVD burner to transfer user data.
The Windows Easy Transfer tool lets you move the following files and settings from one computer to another:
- User accounts
- Files and folders
- Program data files and settings
- E-mail messages, settings, and contacts
- Photos, music, and videos
- Windows settings
- Internet settings
The Windows Easy Transfer tool is not new to Windows 7 as Microsoft first introduced the tool in Windows Vista. If you used the previous version,you will notice some definite enhancements to the tool in Windows 7.
- User interface is much simpler .
- Program reinstallation assistance,You can exclude settings for specific user accounts from being transferred.
- Migration support for either Windows Vista or Windows 7 .
- Ability to re-map user accounts during migration.
- Provides enhanced selectivity, down to the file level.
- Ability to migrate and re-map non-system drive contents.
- Ability to choose specific files to apply to the new PC, rather than all or nothing.
- Data-only migration supported cross-language
- File errors are reported when encountered, but they do not interfere with the transfer.
- Provides a report at the end of the migration, which details everything that occurred during the transfer