A nice way to begin a new topic or section in your document is by using a drop cap. A drop cap is an enlarged,capitalized first alphabet of the beginning paragraph. It gives the document a professional and classy look. The drop of the alphabet usually scales down three lines.
Follow these steps to add a drop cap to your document.
- Place your cursor anywhere within the first paragraph.
- Click the ‘Insert’ tab.
- Select ‘Drop Cap’ from the ‘Text’ section.
- Choose the style of drop cap you want to apply to your text from the drop down list. A default drop cap will be added. If you still want to change the look of the drop cap, follow these steps.
- Select ‘Drop Caps Options’ from the ‘Drop Cap’ menu.
- Select the type of drop cap you want to apply to the document from the ‘Position’ section.
- From the ‘Options’ section, you can change the font style, drop cap size and the distance of the drop cap from the text.
- Click ‘Ok’ once done.
- Your document will get an all new look with the applied effect to the first alphabet of the text.