When making professional documents for presentations and advertisements you may need to have watermarks on the page. Do you know that you can place a watermark on a document page using MS Word?
A watermark is a translucent impression that is made on the paper during its manufacturing process to identify the paper manufacturer. You might have seen paper with the text ‘Draft’, ‘Confidential’, or ‘Urgent’. You can also choose to use your company logo as a watermark on official documents. In the following steps, we’ll show you how to insert a watermark on documents that you create.
- Open the Microsoft Word document.
- Click the ‘Page Layout’ tab on the ribbon.
- Under the ‘Page Background’ section,click on the arrow next to ‘Watermark’.
- Click on the ‘Custom Watermark’ option.
- Click on the option next to ‘Picture watermark’.
- Click the ‘Select Picture’ button.
- Browse to the location of the image to be inserted as the watermark and select the image.
- Click on the ‘Insert’ button. Click on the ‘Washout’ check box if you need it to be a very pale background.
- Click ‘OK’.