It is easy to make Yahoo! Mail into your default email site on your machine. All your automatically generated outgoing mails will be sent using Yahoo! Mail. You need two prerequisites for the same: Yahoo! Messenger and Internet Explorer. This can save you the effort of browsing to and then logging into Yahoo! every time you want a mail to be sent. Some sites that need you to send a confirmatory mail or any other notification need to be linked to a certain email address. This by default happens to be a blank value that needs to be filled in using Outlook Express. The procedure is simple as follows:
- Install Yahoo! Messenger in your system. The installation file can be found at the following site: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/.
- Start the Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on ‘Tools | Internet Options’.
- Click on the ‘Programs’ tab.
- In the Email drop down box select‘Yahoo! Mail’.
- Click ‘OK’.
All your mails will now be sent using your Yahoo! Mail account as the default mailer. This however is applicable only to those sites that are opened using Internet Explorer.