When you click an Internet shortcut in a Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail message, your Web browser may not start or may not connect to the Web page.This issue may occur if any of the following conditions is true:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is not currently your default Internet browser, and the browser that was the default browser is no longer installed.
- A short file name (standard 8.3 naming) is used for the program name that is associated with Internet shortcuts.
- After uninstalling another web browser such as Firefox or Netscape; or another email program like Incredimail, you may find that clicking a link in Outlook Express no longer works.
Here's the first thing to try:Set Internet Explorer as the default browserTo set Internet Explorer to be the default Internet Browser, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Internet or Internet Options icon, and then click Programs.
- Make sure that the Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default check box is selected, click Apply, and then click OK.
- Open Internet Explorer, and then click Yes when you receive the following prompt:
Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Do you wish to make it the default?
Links in e-mail messages should then open Internet Explorer.
Also re-register the following dll files.
Click Start / Run / regsvr32 urlmon.dll
If that single change does not resolve the problem, repeat the process by running the following additional entries: