inSSIDer is an award-winning free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows Vista and Windows XP , which shows all available wireless networks along with their SSID, speed, channel and security settings(password protected or not.
It help to
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
With inSSIDer you can configure, optimize and troubleshoot various problems in wireless networks.This tool helps you to find out which channels most commonly used by wireless networks in your area and change the channel of your wireless network to improve the signal quality and performance of your network. You can also discover the most suitable place to put your wireless router and also to find the places where the signal of your wireless network is strong.